Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Doll inspiration

  1. #11
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm always inspired by my dolls before I get them. Even when I was little, I knew after staring and staring at the blond Our New Baby in the catalogue that she was my baby. My baby. I'd carry the catalogue around everyday, and show everyone my baby's picture. And now that I'm older I still plan out future dolls and get to know them before that box actually arrives. Sometimes I have conversations with the doll, like okay, your name is Sophie, no Maura, and you're just like me since you are my mini me. But I also tend to connect with certain dolls because book and movie characters inspire me to get that doll. For instance, I have read/seen A Little Princess, and being how I know I always am, I'd make a Sara doll. From having read the book, I'd know all about my doll before she actually arrived. Haha, I always do this. I'm currently thinking up personalities for #25, #15, etc. Even Jess, though I'm trying to avoid getting her. [img]wink.gif[/img] This is why I can't keep my doll collection limited to five or so dollies. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    Anyway, about The Little Princess...I've read this book like three times, but it's been a long time since I last read it. It's one of those classic girlhood novels, one that I'd recommend to any girl, even us grown up girls. Like the Anne series. I think I've always been more partial to A Secret Garden....maybe because it came first in my book...but I really do need to reread both of them.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great stories, all of you! And I love the book _A Little Princess_, though I was probably in 6th grade or later before I actually read it for the first time. I saw a copy in a used bookstore and probably should've bought it because my old copy is almost worn to shreds. I love how Sara is both an odd child (sometimes beautiful, but often her looks are just described as "odd") in addition to her charming personality and her love of telling stories and make-believe. And of course her dignity and kindness! If you don't want to go out to a bookstore/spend the money, it's in public domain, and you can read it at http://homeschool.priswell.com/princess/princess.htm Project Gutenberg or tons of other sites, I'm sure. Highly recommended by me!

    I saw the catalogs and was so caught up in the "real" history of them, and I'd loved the Little House books as long as I could remember, so I had to have Kirsten. Sadly, I lost interest in her after just a couple years. [img]frown.gif[/img] Then I came to this board with the vague intentions of selling her on eBay, took a few pictures so I'd have something to remember her by, and...well, a couple weeks ago I bought Nellie. [img]redface.gif[/img] Two dolls in 15 years isn't too bad, right? Right??? (I liked Nellie because she's cute as anything, and because of her story. And I made her a very gentle, loving soul, more gentle than in the books, so I like her because she's nice. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 10, 2006 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •